DON’T BE AN ERGO ZOMBIE
A multi-faceted program to encourage movement in your workday
AN INTERACTIVE PROGRAM FOR LARGE AND SMALL WORKFORCES
Especially effective for technology and office employees where the majority of your day is spent in front of a computer.
In a world of on-demand content and low employee engagement, Briotix has introduced an innovative video series (Ergo Zombies TM) for educating employees on behaviors and tools to improve productivity in the workplace. With 6 video modules, marketing materials, badging and gamification functionality, this new product suite is delivering scary results!
WHAT WE KNOW
Sedentary Time and its Association with Risk for Disease Incidence, Mortality and Hospitalization in Adults, A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. Jan 2015. Prolonged uninterrupted sedentary behavior will, without question, kill you over time. Episodic exercise isn’t enough to counteract the effects, but the associations may become less pronounced as physical activity increases – more research is needed.
Prolonged, uninterrupted SEDENTARY POSTURES are independently correlated with premature death, premature aging, increased MSD prevalence, increased chronic disease states (such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer) decreased quality of life, etc.
THE MEGA TRENDS
Employers and Employees
• Employees want standing solutions • Employers are uncertain
• Increasing options • Ubiquitous marketing • Stubborn price point
People are not designed to sit all day • People are not designed to stand all day • Sit stand workstations do NOT achieve movement • Standing simply substitutes another risky posture into the mix • THE BEST POSTURE IS THE NEXT POSTURE • To achieve better health we need to MOVE MORE
PREVENTION & TREATMENT
• Simply stand up once every 15 minutes.
• The simple activity of standing up 30 to 35 times a day (which is akin to a squat) is enough to maintain your health and prevent a decline from sedentary life. (NASA, Vernikos)
BENEFITS FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
- Increased productivity
- Improved health measures and decreased healthcare costs
- Decreased employee stress
- The ripple effect: Benefits of programs delivered in the workplace consistently ripple into employee’s home lives
- Increased happiness
- Positive atmosphere
- Decreased staff turnover
- Hiring advantage