OFFICE ERGONOMICS TRAINING COURSE
Train the Trainer in Ergonomics
HEALTH SAFETY TRAINING COURSES
OFFICE ERGONOMICS CERTIFICATION COURSE
ABOUT THIS ERGONOMICS CERTIFICATION COURSE:
This dynamic 15 hour certification course offers highly effective ergonomic assessment and intervention processes derived from applied best practices. OHS’ approach is unique, as it integrates the essential elements of clinical, engineering, behavioral and wellness methodologies that are essential for a comprehensive approach to reducing injuries and improving productivity. Each attendee will learn how to immediately apply these effective strategies to successfully prevent, manage, and reduce work and lifestyle related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) and disabling injuries.
This course focuses on developing the attendee’s knowledge of work physiology, causes of MSDs, methods of ergonomic problem solving and effective ergo-behavioral and wellness solutions for office work environments. Attendees will not just learn how to apply this information throughout their organization, but will also be able to confidently explain and demonstrate the information to their colleagues.
Upon course completion, attendees will have the knowledge and tools to maintain and manage a comprehensive ergonomics program and help the organization prevent MSDs, reduce workers’ compensation claims, improve employee morale and productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE?
This course was designed for individuals with no ergonomic experience, as well as those with many years of ergonomic experience. Anyone who is interested in being involved in the organization’s injury prevention efforts will find the course useful. In addition to assisting the organization with reducing costs and increasing profits, the certification approach for this course will help each attendee develop specific skills that can be used in other areas of their professional career. These skills include effective communication, coaching techniques, problem solving strategies and leadership techniques. Many of our clients that have attended this course have found that their involvement with their organization’s ergonomic program provided confidence that they could apply to their professional development and career track.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will thoroughly understand:
- The definition and science of ergonomics and its role in injury prevention and wellness.
- Types of musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses related to poor ergonomics and lifestyles.
- Work-related (ergonomic) and lifestyle-related causes of MSDs and illness.
- OSHA ergonomic guidelines and current policies.
- Clinical anatomy and biomechanical principles that form the foundation of ergonomics and wellness.
- Effects of aging and human performance and work capacities.
- How to perform detailed ergonomic risk assessments.
- How to develop appropriate metrics to measure outcomes and estimate return on investment (ROI).
- How to effectively resolve ergonomic problems with no-cost and low cost interventions.